My training and offerings of various healing modalities spans over 15 years. During this time, I discovered that I was adding my own personal touches to the sessions by weaving in these different techniques together, and tapping into my intuition to further guide me.
The Word “intuitive bodywork” best describes how I work and continue to evolve in order to best serve you.
For descriptions on each of these different modalities, please click on the treatment categories listed below.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
These techniques address the physical health and position of pelvic and abdominal organs and any emotional holding patterns found therein. Soft and gentle manipulations are used to reposition misaligned organs, thereby stimulating circulation of blood, nerve, lymph and chi to support the body’s innate capacity to self heal.
Dr. Rosita Arvigo learned the original Maya techniques over a 10 year apprenticeship with Don Elijio Panti, the great Maya Shaman of Belize. She was also exposed to other central American ancient traditions that represent an unbroken chain of knowledge handed down from generation to generation of shamans, midwives and healers. Unifying this all with over thirty years of training and experience in the natural sciences of massage, naprapathy, herbology, and spiritual healing; Dr. Arvigo developed the techniques which now bear her name.
Common Ailments ATMAT May Help With:
- Tilted/misaligned uterus
- Prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Fertility challenges
- Difficult pregnancy and delivery
- Chronic miscarriages
- Painful and/or irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Blood clots during menstruation and excessive bleeding
- Dark thick blood at beginning and end of menses
- Uterine and/or bladder infections
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids and polyps
- Painful intercourse
- Difficult menopause
- Pelvic congestion and pain
- Early stages of prostate swelling
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Painful ejaculation
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Constipation
- Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Crohn’s Disease
- Lower backaches or pelvic pain
- Headaches or migraines
- Frequent, difficult, and/or incomplete urination
What to expect during a session
- The first appointment is 2 hours in duration.
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower maya abdominal massage to help improve circulation to abdominal organs
- Massage to back, sacrum and hips to further stimulate circulation to the organs of the abdomen
- Evaluation of body posture
- Instruction in self care massage so you can continue with daily at home and helps to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- The wearing of a Faja – a traditional lower abdomen supportive wrap
- Bajos – a traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- The application of castor oil packs and lifestyle education.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are safe and effective with few contraindications of untoward outcomes. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
For further information please visit: http://www.arvigotherapy.com
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy supports your body’s innate ability to balance, restore and heal itself, as well as helping to reduce stress and building your underlying energy. As a practitioner I get a sense of patterns (physical, emotional and spiritual) held throughout your body and help facilitate the process of resolving them in a supported and comfortable way.
The session usually lasts an hour, although this can vary. You remain clothed and will usually lay face up or on your side. I make light contact with your head, the base of your spine, and other areas, encouraging your body to relax and begin to make the changes it needs. Because the body functions as a whole, I may focus on other areas other than where your symptoms occur.
Because it is so gentle and non invasive, Craniosacral Therapy is suitable for everyone from newborns to the elderly. Mothers and babies often come for problems associated with difficult or traumatic births. Letting go of tension and fear held in the body enables both to settle into calmness.
Sound Healing - Himalayan Singing Bowls
Sound healing is an ancient practice that uses sound frequencies to create a state of peace and balance within the mind and body. Different sacred instruments and/or the practitioner’s voice are used, encouraging one into a parasympathetic state.
Sound has the ability to shift frequencies, therefore we may experience a change from being in a low states such as fear to a higher vibrations of joy and love. Some of the benefits of sound healing may include a reduction in stress, anxiety and pain and an improvement in energy, mood and sleep.
My choice of sacred instruments to use are the Himalayan singing bowls, shamanic drumming and voice.