This session is for you if you experience any cycle health imbalances such as painful, irregular periods, fibroids, endometriosis or PCOS. It’s also used to support conception, postpartum care and a deeper connection
During a Womb Massage healing session I may use a combination of Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Spiritual Healing and Sound Healing.
Each session is tailored to you and your specific needs. Please see below for specific information on each
To arrange an appointment please message me via the contact form.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
- Tilted/misaligned uterus
- Prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Fertility challenges
- Difficult pregnancy and delivery
- Chronic miscarriages
- Painful and/or irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Blood clots during menstruation and excessive bleeding
- Dark thick blood at beginning and end of menses
- Uterine and/or bladder infections
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids and polyps
- Painful intercourse
- Difficult menopause
- Pelvic congestion and pain
- Early stages of prostate swelling
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Painful ejaculation
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Constipation
- Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Crohn’s Disease
- Lower backaches or pelvic pain
- Headaches or migraines
- Frequent, difficult, and/or incomplete urination
What to expect during a session
- The first appointment is 2 hours in duration.
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower maya abdominal massage to help improve circulation to abdominal organs
- Massage to back, sacrum and hips to further stimulate circulation to the organs of the abdomen
- Evaluation of body posture
- Instruction in self care massage so you can continue with daily at home and helps to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- The wearing of a Faja – a traditional lower abdomen supportive wrap
- Bajos – a traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- The application of castor oil packs and lifestyle education.
Contraindications: The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are safe and effective with few contraindications of untoward outcomes. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
For further information please visit: http://www.arvigotherapy.com
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy supports your body’s innate ability to balance, restore and heal itself, as well as helping to reduce stress and building your underlying energy. As a practitioner I get a sense of patterns (physical, emotional and spiritual) held throughout your body and help facilitate the process of resolving them in a supported and comfortable way. The session usually lasts an hour, although this can vary. You remain clothed and will usually lay face up or on your side. I make light contact with your head, the base of your spine, and other areas, encouraging your body to relax and begin to make the changes it needs. Because the body functions as a whole, I may focus on other areas other than where your symptoms occur. Because it is so gentle and non invasive, Craniosacral Therapy is suitable for everyone from newborns to the elderly. Mothers and babies often come for problems associated with difficult or traumatic births. Letting go of tension and fear held in the body enables both to settle into calmness.
Sound Healing - Himalayan Singing Bowls
Sound has the ability to shift frequencies, therefore we may experience a change from being in a low states such as fear to a higher vibrations of joy and love. Some of the benefits of sound healing may include a reduction in stress, anxiety and pain and an improvement in energy, mood and sleep.
My choice of sacred instruments to use are the Himalayan singing bowls, shamanic drumming and voice.